Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Brushstrokes from 2005


Was going through my sketch pads of last year ..... these sketches are some of the first ones i did in bangy .... they reflect my ideas more than the city in itself ..... but then Bangalore for me is too steeped in memories to be subjective about it .

Bangalore to me is a place where one can find one's feet ..slowly ....a town thats suddenly become a city . People here are very often rude n hostile , the transport system s
ucks and the city has too few movie halls :) ..... but at the same time its quiet a magical place and the climate sure makes things easy !!

This green forest with lush red flowers , is like the world of dreams ...dense , compelling , alluring ............. reminds me of Kipplings words of caution " Dream , but dont make dreams your master"

This bike belonged to the girl who lived opposite Dr Sharma's place ( my first home in Bangy ) . I used to find it absolutely sexy that she used to ride a bike

:)

Near Dr Sharma's house was a Kalyana Mandapa , and every other evening it would be lit up . Across the marriage hall , was a shroudy Peepul tree , which would also be lit up with the cheeku lights . After my dinner when id walk down that lane , id see the lights from far and the tree would seem enchanted to me .

Its memories such as these that make Bangalore my magical city , the city of dreams .........

1 comment:

pourush said...

rockin gal..
i sumhow find it pretty apprehensive abt commenting on this..primarily bcoz nethng i say would never match ur own interpretation of ur idea, tht resulted in the sketch. But, i also didnt like the idea of this post going 'comment less'..it deserves kudos n appreciations from every visitor(so i believe), even from 'artless' ppl like me..
bt when u come to think of it, u never did it for others to see, it was for urself..